Tuesday 1 February 2011

So I want to write a book.....

Not because I feel I have a hugely inspirational life, or that I think everyone wants to know about it. Nor do I think I have an amazing wisdom to pass on. I don't believe I have the answers. Nor is my story that unique. But I do have a story. A story which many people don't like to talk about, people who have gone through it want to pack it up in a box and forget, those who haven't had experience of it often don't want to hear. And if people know my story, it might help them. I have experience. An experience that can help others.
Also I want to document my life. I have tried to write diaries, create photo albums and just simple writing stuff down. This may be because I'm quite the organisational freak! There are also many things that I want to remember but am scared I will forget.
I have sat down a few times to try and start it. Not sure how to. It may happen in two parts. I may just do something, not necessarily a book, to document my life. And I may write a book to share my experience.
This blog is helping me organise my thought. I am not ashamed of my experiences, I am not ashamed of my faith, beliefs, values. And I do not expect everyone to agree with them or want to listen. But this blog is already helping me (and it's only been 2 days) in organising my thoughts and transform them from being words in my head to sentences that other people might just be able to understand!

No comments:

Post a Comment