Thursday 3 February 2011

News in Egypt

My thoughts on the protests in Egypt are quite similar to the one's I had on the tuition fees protests:
I think it's brilliant that people are taking a stand and the protest is not a bad thing. However I cannot under any circumstances condemn violence. It is never, never an answer.
I can understand frustrations and this is them fighting in the only way they feel they will get noticed. However, innocent people's lives are being lost and devastated by this. And that can't be all blamed on the president. I don't agree with the president, I don't disagree with the anger of the protestors. But I disagree with the use of violence. And both sides have been as bad as eachother so noone can take blame for this.
Such chaos, it's a mess.
And I can't watch it. Just like the tuition fees protests where I was literally shielding my eyes from the tv screen cos I was so disgusted by the scenes I saw, I feel the same here.

No comments:

Post a Comment