Tuesday 1 February 2011

The Light That Shines the Misty Way

My best friend wrote this for me, and it sums up our friendship. I wouldn't be here without her.

The light that shines the misty way
The hands you hold that guide your day
The one who sees the beauty you can’t
Your soothing words, the helping chant

You speak the sense I cannot see
You solve the problems that should not be
You give me strength to carry on
When I feel the love of life is gone

You clear my head and let me think
And let the feelings settle and sink
To give me time to sort it out
To organise and leave no doubt

    So how do I repay your gifts
The time you give and endless lifts
Your endless patience and words of sense
This can’t be paid in pounds and pence

So what I will do is always be here
Through difficult times and times of fear
You are my rock and I to you
The endless pain, we'll see it through

Together we stand divided we fall
We can face our struggles standing tall
We will carry on battling with all of our might
We are the strong ones that can’t loose the fight

No comments:

Post a Comment