Tuesday 29 March 2011

Eastenders

I am a huge huge fan of the soap, been watching it for years and years religiously.
I was so pleased when they did the Stacey Slater depression story, I understood what she was going through and her portrayal of the illness was rediculously accurate. I was so impressed that the show was brave enough to do it and was impressed by how well it went. And with Jean also, and her story and how they are mother and daughter. Their story is close to my heart.
And I am watching it now, and Kat is visiting Jean in the mental health hospital. Kat has lost her child, cot death and Jean has severe clinical depression. Kat feels like her world has turned black and is going through hell and can't see light at the end of the tunnel anymore. And Kat said to Jean, 'you know what that feels like don't you? You know what it's like to go through hell' and Jean simply replied yes. And finally what I have been trying to say, someone agrees with me.
I know I know Eastenders is fiction, it's not real. But they are real stories. Very real, things that do happen day to day. And they portray it very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment