Monday 9 May 2011

New quotes - cos you know I love them!

'I know God won't give me anything I can't handle, but I wish he wouldn't trust me so much' - Mother Theresa.
I love this quote and with Mother Theresa being someone I really inspire to be like and my role model, it means even more. The idea that you know God will push you to your limits, but he won't ever give you a challenge that is impossible, and nothing is impossible. But so many times have I felt that He's really been pushing me and leaving me doubtful that I can manage it. And I do just think, why do you trust that I can do this? Cos I don't believe I can. But it is at this stage that I realise that I must trust I can do it, or God wouldn't put me in the position. And if I decide to give up, I havent made that decision, that decision was made for me, God just put the power in my head to make it. And this is how I learn my limits. Isn't He just an amazing man?!

'What God intended for you goes way further than you can ever imagine' - Oprah
Beautiful quote that affirms my belief that my life is in God's hands, it was planned long before I was born and who knows what He has planned for me? This is an exciting way to look at life.If scary at times also! The hardest thing I find is when I have to make decisions and hoping that the decision I make is what God intended. For example, when I was offered the job at YCW, one of the biggest things stopping me and my greatest fear was 'what if this wasn't part of God's plan?' Even more so because I believe my desire to be a social worker at such a young age was an intention of God's and this was not following that dream. It wasn't until after I made the decision that I realised that God knew I would be given the offer, that I had already made the decision to be in YCW and so that this was a possibility. And whether He planted it in my heart to say yes and follow that path, which ironically since has led me even further off the path of social work than I imagined it would, or whether I moved the goal posts and God moved with me, I do not know. But I have not lived to regret the decision in anyway or doubt it. And God places many decisions in front of me in the hope I will make the right decision, but it is only through making the wrong decision that I learn and so God makes allowances for these also. Again, what a clever man!

No comments:

Post a Comment