Monday 9 May 2011

By My Side

From the musical Godspell this is one of my fave songs and I think the lyrics are just beautiful.

Where are you going?
Where are you going?
Can you take me with you?
For my hand is cold
And needs warmth
Where are you going?

Far beyond where the horizon lies
Where the horizon lies
And the land sinks into mellow blueness

Oh please, take me with you
Let me skip the road with you
I can dare myself
I'll put a pebble in my shoe
And watch me walk
I can walk

I shall call the pebble Dare
We will walk, we will talk together
We will talk
About walking
Dare shall be carried
And when we both have had enough
I will take him from my shoe, singing
"Meet your new road!"

Then I'll take your hand
Finally glad

Finally glad
That you are here
By my side (By my side)

No comments:

Post a Comment