Thursday 22 December 2011

different worlds....

I've always been the most mature of my friends, this has never bothered me or been an issue. Our realities were so similar and although I was mature beyond my years I still lived as a teenager to some extent. So the difference was hardly noticeable.

When people ask me why I don't want to go to uni I answer that I simply don't want that life. I do not want the lifestyle of a 20 year old student. Never really have although a year in full time work most probably affirmed that feeling! And I don't feel I'm missing out at all, I know I would hate it. I don't envy all my friends in uni, I love listening to their
drAma! Yes sometimes I want to knock sense into them but its all part of the fun.

I'm mature beyond my years but I'm still like doing what 20 year olds do, just in moderation and with a bit more dignity. I don't consider myself higher or better than my friends, as long as they are safe and happy, I'm happy.
But our realities are so so different and the one thing that is tough is that I can't share their reality. I have never felt so far away from them, so out of touch. They don't understand my life so don't get involved in it and due to my reality there is only so far I can get involved with theirs. That's hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment