Tuesday 22 November 2011

As I kneel before you

I have chosen the above picture for this post because it is the statue of the Crowned Virgin, Mary the Mother of Christ in Lourdes. Not only is Lourdes the most important place in my life but it is where I came to know Mary and feel closest to her. It is also where the hymn below spoke to me and became my favourite prayer. The belief is also that if you say three Hail Marys in front of the statue, then you will return to Lourdes some day. It hasn't failed for me yet!

As I kneel before you,
As I bow my head in prayer,
Take this day, make it yours
and fill me with your love.

Ave Maria,
Gratia plena,
Dominus tecum,
Benedicta tu.

All I have I give you,
Every dream and wish are yours,
Mother of Christ,
Mother of mine, present them to my Lord.

As I kneel before you,
And I see your smiling face,
Ev'ry thought, ev'ry word
Is lost in your embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment