Monday 18 April 2011

Holy Week

I can't believe it has come round so soon. This Lent has been so challenging. I have been unwell and had to face great challenges in work and in my personal life. And yet I have found myself more distant from my faith and God than usual. This does not make sense to me. When I have needed the Lord the most I have turned to him less than I usually do. How is this so? I cannot understand it. And it hurts, it hurts that another Lent has passed me by and I have done very little to highlight it's significance. I am looking forward to Lourdes. I hope that there, completely cut off from the world for a week and completely at one with my Lord I can sort my head out and find my faith at the heart of my life once again as I will need it to take me forward into what will be a very challenging next few months. I hope I can come back renewed and refreshed. I pray for this as it is the only thing keeping me going now.

No comments:

Post a Comment