Saturday 3 March 2012

YCW - Young Christian Workers

I truly believe that YCW is the best form of youth ministry in the world. It's method, though so simple, is effective  in so many ways. Through the method alone, young people are transformed and become leaders, leaders who are confident, take responsibility, are attentive and engaged in society and the church. Through the method alone, young people become engaged in their faith, seeing how it is linked to their reality, bringing them closer to their God, coming to know their true worth, value and dignity as young people. Through the method alone, young people transform their realities and the lives of their peers. The action may be so small that it would seem meaningless to some, but to that young person it could mean everything. The action may reach hundreds of young people and transform society. The method is that effective.

Yes I am bias, I work for the movement, I'm on the national executive committee but I say it because I truly believe it. 6 years ago I joined the YCW and it has transformed me and my life. My faith is stronger and is now active, I have become active, I am more aware of the world around me and I am passionate about making a difference. I have also developed this great passion for youth work, I truly believe young people are so valuable and can be the difference in the world. YCW has taken a hold of my heart, literally. I do not now see a life without YCW. And I'm so lucky to have my YCW family, some of whom are now my best friends. I love the young people I work with and I have loved growing with them.

The movement has given so much to me and I will continue to give as much as I can to it for as long as I can.

For more information check out www.ycwimpact.com
Like Young Christian Workers on facebook
Follow YCWImpact on twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment